Call for Service
Flea Control Services
Schedule a Site Inspection
Tell us about what is bugging you?
Get Started With Fleas Control Services
Call Now 800-901-1102
Dealing with a flea problem is a joint effort between you and us.
Here are some things you must do:
- Your pet should be treated with an anti-flea remedy such as Frontline. Either you or your veterinarian should make sure your dog is treated.
- It is important that you vacuum areas of infestation the day before we come. It’s also important to vacuum the areas we treated the following day, and as often as possible thereafter..
- You will need to identify to our technician your pet’s favorite resting spots. When your pet scratches itself flea eggs and blood nodules fall off. Wherever your pet spends the most time is where we’ll find the greatest concentration of fleas and their larvae. Once a flea gets on your pet it’s there for the rest of its life laying 8 to 10 eggs a day. (unless it gets knocked off or killed by a flea remedy such as Frontline).
- Our flea service consists of two applications, two weeks apart.
- An adult flea lays 8 to 10 eggs a day . The flea eggs hatch into small worms called larvae. Within 10 to 14 days these larvae form a pupa case. While inside the pupa case, larvae are protected from our treatment. 14 to 18 days after becoming a pupa,a live flea comes out.
- Our first treatment will not control the eggs and the fleas inside the pupa cases, but will control the larvae and the emerging adult fleas.
- We schedule our 2nd treatment 14 days from the original treatment. We time this treatment to coincide with the flea life cycle.
In order to get flea treatment you must already be a Corky’s Ultimate Pest Control customer or become one. We perform ongoing flea control maintenance each time we perform your regular service.
By keeping your pet free of fleas, and vacuuming the areas your pet frequents you will be helping us control the flea population at your home.
We guarantee our flea treatment inside and outside for as long as you stay on our Ultimate Pest Control Service plan.
Flea baths are not consistently effective but they will contribute somewhat to the protection of your four footed, furry family members. Consult your veterinarian as to what is appropriate for your pet.
The following should be accomplished before any outside service is performed to ensure a successful treatment.
Thin or cut back dense foliage. Let the sunshine in!
Cut areas of tall grass and remove leaf litter from under trees and plants.