Call 1-800-901-1102 or email us to setup service.
Corky’s is the expert to trust when it comes to getting rid of fleas. During the past 35 years, Corky’s has developed a very effective flea treatment system. It requires two visits to your home, within 14 days of each other. At Corky’s we deliver results. For the health and safety of your pets and your family, call Corky’s and get rid of your fleas today.
Corky’s Two-Step Flea Control Service
Our standard flea service is a two-step process which includes treating the inside and outside twice within 14 days of each other. Before the technician performs the first part of the flea treatment, you must prepare your home and yard to attain the best treatment results. The technician will treat your property and perform special treatments in your pets’ favorite areas because that’s where the concentration of flea eggs and larvae probably reside. To ensure success, you will need to do a few more things before the second treatment.
Vacuum at least 3 times a week in between flea treatments.
After the initial treatment, vacuum at least three (3) times a week to pick up eggs and larvae that reproduce during the time it takes your animals’ flea treatment to be effective. Remember to empty vacuum contents into a sealed plastic bag and discard to an outside receptacle.
Preparation for Flea Treatment Services
Fleas take time and multiple treatments to eliminate. Effective flea control entails treating not only your animals, but the outside and inside of your home. Proper preparation is necessary before treatment. When the technician arrives, he will review the steps you take to prepare for a successful initial treatment of your home and yard.
Here’s what to do:
- Plan to evacuate all occupants and animals from insides the premises for four (4) hours or more. Evacuate outside until the treatment materials are dry.
- Remove all clutter and debris from the floor (i.e shoes, clothes, toys, books, etc.).
- Before your initial treatment, you must thoroughly vacuum all floors and carpets. Please note that vacuum vibrations will stir flea activity. Empty vacuum contents into a sealed plastic bag and discard to an outside receptacle.
- Wash or discard all pet bedding and clothing. If pets lay on your bed, wash all bedding and linens too. Be sure to heat in a dryer on high for 20 minutes to kill all fleas, eggs and larvae. Empty washer and dryer lint in a sealed bag and discard.
- Prepare the outside of your home. Remove all food and water bowls, toys and loose objects from walkways, patios and yard areas.
Preparation of Pets
At the time of service, please inform your technician where your pets spend most of their time.
Most flea infestations are a result of your pet bringing fleas into your home. The technician will need to do a special treatment in those areas because that’s where the concentration of flea eggs and larvae probably reside.
Here’s what to do for pets:
- Prepare birds and reptiles to evacuate the premises for ten (10) hours minimum.
- Fish Tanks need to be unplugged and covered.
- Treat cats and dogs for fleas with medicines like Frontline,® Advantage® or K9 Advantix,® or with what veteranian recommended but not flea collars, before bringing pets back into the treated home.
Once the two-step treatment has been completed, if you choose our premium Annual Pest Control Service plan, we’ll include a Flea Guarantee.
Fleas reproduce rapidly and spread diseases such as typhus and tularemia. The earlier you catch fleas and treat, the better. One of the first signs you’ll notice is your pet scratching excessively. You may feel bites and notice little itchy red dots on your own skin. Fleas are visible and look like the photo on the right. Therefore you’ll be able to identify and treat for them.
Fleas are approximately 1/16”-1/8” long and can jump seven inches into the air. These parasites live off the blood of mammals and birds. They prefer warm, dark places. Depending on environmental conditions the flea life cycle can range from several weeks to several months.
Fleas have four life stages. The egg which lives 2-14 days. The larva which lives 8-14 days. The pupa which lives 5-7 days. And the final stage is the blood biting adult which lives 2 weeks to 3 months.
There are more than 2,000 known species and subspecies of fleas. However, the cat flea accounts for the majority of the cat and dog flea cases in the U.S..
Fleas live on hosts which include pets as well as strays (cats and dogs) and feral animals (rats, possums, squirrels and racoons). Without a regularly scheduled maintenance program, reinfestations are a sure thing.
** Pricing will vary for larger size homes and properties.
Flea Video Script
Hi, this is Corky of Corky’s Pest Control. Let me begin this video by saying if you notice fleas on your pet, and you immediately give your pet a bath and treatment with Frontline ® or a similar product, you’ll probably never need to call us for fleas inside.
Controlling fleas isn’t easy. It requires a cooperative effort between the homeowner and the pest control company.
Our standard flea service is a 2 step process which includes treating the inside and outside twice within 14 days. Due to the flea life cycle, and its impenetrable pupa case, a second treatment is required.
It’s important that you vacuum at least 3 times before and between flea services. Doing so creates vibrations which drive the flea out of the pupa case.
Make sure you remove all cushions from your couch and vacuum all those crevices. Remember to empty vacuum contents into a sealed plastic bag and discard it in an outside receptacle.
Before we arrive, the following additional steps must be taken by you:
- Make sure all occupants and animals will be evacuated from both inside and outside the premises until the treatment has dried.
- Floors need to be clear of clutter and debris. All pet bedding has to be washed and/or discarded.
- The yard must be clear of food and water bowls, toys and loose objects.
- Make sure all cats and dogs are treated for fleas with medicines like Frontline ®, advantage, or whatever your veterinarian recommends. Without treating your animals, our combined effort will be ineffective.
We will remove your cushions and treat cracks and crevice areas. We will lift up couches and chairs and treat those unexposed areas as well.
We also treat all carpet areas and the lawn outside or areas especially where your animal spends time.
In order for our guarantee to be valid, we come back in 14 days to do a second application in the areas your animal frequents.
Our goal is the same as yours – no fleas!
Call one of our friendly, knowledgeable customer service reps and book your job today.