HELP US HELP YOU SUCCESSFULLY CONTROL SPIDERS
Basic steps to ensure a successful Spider Control Service.
Spiders are mighty hunters, and they are constantly on the lookout for available, food, water and safe places from which they can ambush their next meal. Depriving them of these necessities will go a long way in keeping them off your property and out of your home.
- When possible, keep lawns mowed, garden plants pruned, and yard areas clear of clutter to reduce hiding places for Spiders.
- Keep the plantings in your landscape healthy and free of insects. Plant insects (aphids, whitefly etc.) impact the health of your plantings and are food sources for spiders.
- Minimize use of outdoor lights, especially around doors and windows, since lights will attract insects that spiders love to eat.
- Fix broken screens and window and seal cracks and crevices to limit access into buildings. Any crack or crevice is a “door” of opportunity to a spider.
- Fix leaky faucets and irrigation equipment. Do not over-water. Insects are attracted to water and these very same insects are considered food by spiders.
- Do not leave pet food or pet watering bowls outside.
- Keep trash bins covered and away from the house. Clean your trash bins and regularly take inside trash out of the house.
- Pick up fallen fruit from under trees and rotting vegetables from gardens. Insects that are attracted to these items are food for spiders.
- Practice good sanitation outside and inside.
- Use the vacuum cleaner when spiders are spotted inside and minimize the opportunity for increased spider infestations.
Corky’s Spider Control Service was created to eliminate and control spider infestations on our customers properties. One-time services can eliminate an immediate problem, but reinfestations can happen quickly, as spiders migrate from neighboring properties. A consistent prevention service is important to keep them off your property and out of your home.
Corky’s Ultimate Pest Control Service, is a year-round treatment program for ants and spiders which also includes control measures for aphids, whitefly, ticks, mosquitoes and more. Corky’s Ultimate Pest Control Service keeps pests controlled in your yard and out of your home.