HELP US HELP YOU SUCCESSFULLY CONTROL SCORPIONS
BASIC STEPS TO ENSURE A SUCCESSFUL SCORPION CONTROL SERVICE.
Scorpions are ambush hunters, and they are constantly on the lookout for available, food, water and safe places from which they can ambush their next meal. Depriving them of these necessities will go a long way in keeping them off your property and out of your home.
- When possible, keep lawns mowed, garden plants pruned, and yard areas clear of clutter to reduce hiding places for Scorpions. Remove mulch and woodchips from around foundations and do not keep wood piles next to structures.
- Keep the home in good repair. Fix broken windows and screens, seal cracks and crevices especially around foundation areas. Install new or fix broken door sweeps. Any crack or crevice is a “door” of opportunity to a scorpion.
- Eliminate excess moisture. Scorpions enter homes looking for water. Keep floors, corners, closets and crawl spaces dry and free of leaks. Refrain from allowing water to stand in puddles or containers near the exterior of your home. Don’t overwater.
- Eliminate other insects that bring scorpions on the hunt. Keep people and pet food in airtight containers inside the home, and trash in tightly lidded cans outside the home. By curbing an invitation to these other pests, you will reduce the potential for a scorpion to follow them into your home.
- Keeping clutter to a minimum inside the home, reduces the prospect of having scorpions hiding out there. Remove boxes, bags or piles of toys or clothing. Don’t leave anything a scorpion could use as a hiding place.
Corky’s Scorpion Control Service was created to eliminate and control scorpion infestations on our customers properties. One-time services can eliminate an immediate problem, but reinfestations can happen quickly, as scorpions migrate from neighboring properties. A consistent prevention service is important to keep them off your property and out of your home.
Corky’s Ultimate Pest Control Service, is a year-round treatment program for ants and spiders which also includes control measures for aphids, whitefly, ticks, mosquitoes and more. After an initial scorpion service, they can be added to this service, at no extra charge.