COME BE A PART OF A PROFESSIONAL TEAM!JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Corky’s EMPLOYS the best people in the industry
CURRENT OPENINGSPest Control Technician – All Areas Termite Inspector – San Diego County Termite Damage Repair – San Diego County Customer Service Rep – North San Diego County Route Coordinator – North San Diego County Accounting Support Duties – North San Diego County See below for job descriptions.
TERMITE INSPECTOR – REQUIRES BRANCH 3 LICENSE
A Termite Inspector is a state-licensed professional Inspector and is required to perform his or her duties expertly and ethically, maintaining their professional licensing in good standing. To qualify for this position, you must be 18 years or older, show proof that you are legally able to work in the United States, have a clean DMV report and pass a physical and drug screening. A state and federal background check will also be performed.
A termite inspector performs a visual inspection of the readily accessible areas of a home for evidence of wood-destroying insects. The inspector will visually inspect the interior of a home when appropriate (including accessing attics and entering any sub-space such as basements and crawlspaces) and exterior of the structure.
• Looks for visible signs of termite infestation, including wood damage, mud tubes, discarded wings, termite exit holes and termite droppings. An inspector also will look for moisture issues and wood-to-ground contact that can be conducive to termite activity. He will also focus on common termite entry points and hot spots for activity based on each termite species’ unique behavior.
• Indicates areas in or around the home that can be conducive to termite activity. Structural and moisture issues can include standing water on the roof, pooling water around the foundation, wood mulch close to the foundation, and wooden deck supports that touch the soil.
• The inspector will prepare a termite report (a legal document) that notes recommendations for treatment or repair of any damage noted. Therefore, a working knowledge of building construction is imperative.
• Appointment setting and route creation is the responsibility of the office staff. Route completion and customer satisfaction is the inspector’s responsibility.
• Identify termites and other structural pests.
• Recognize signs of termite activity.
• Be proficient in methods of termite control, including termiticides and nonchemical control methods.
• Have expert knowledge of treatment materials, application techniques, and environmental impact.
• Understand regulations for applying registered treatment materials.
• Attend all Company Safety Meetings and Field Service Training Meetings.
• Understand and comply with all company policies, safety guidelines, laws, and regulations.
• Maintain industry licensing by participating in and passing continuing education courses Failure to maintain licensing (in good standing) will exempt you from employment with the company.
• Keep a neat appearance. The company provides uniforms and safety equipment.
• Provide a safe place to park the work vehicle after hours and on weekends.
• Keep company provided vehicle and equipment clean and brings repair and safety issues with vehicle and equipment to the attention of the service staff.
• Our inspectors are not commissioned, salespeople.
At Corky’s we don’t pay our inspectors commission based on the amount of termite work they sell. This is a full-time position, paid hourly, with a vehicle and company gas card provided, vacation, sick and holiday pay included along with company-paid health and life insurance plans.
Compensation for this position starts at, $16.00 per hour and increases with experience and the acquisition of other licenses in the industry. Work hours may vary but are generally, 7:30am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional Saturday work as needed.
How much you achieve and the wages you earn are entirely up to you. As a company we encourage your enthusiasm to achieve greater knowledge and professional standing, therefore we compensate you for your achievements. We even offer monetary help when an individual is working to acquire college degrees in an industry related field.
For Information on Industry Licensing go to: http://www.pestboard.ca.gov/howdoi/lic.shtml