HELP US HELP YOU SUCCESSFULLY CONTROL TICKS
Basic steps to ensure a successful Tick Control Service
- When possible, keep lawns mowed, garden plants pruned, and yard areas clear of clutter to reduce hiding places for ticks.
- Keep fence lines and perimeter walls free of tall grasses and prune dense foliage next to them. Don’t forget to prune barrier hedges that surround the property. These areas are frequented by roving animals, such as mice, rats, feral cats, skunks and opossums (to name a few) and are most likely to be where these creatures drop off their hitchhiking ticks.
- Make sure your pets are protected against ticks. Pets are the primary way for most ticks to hitch a ride inside your home, so making sure they are up to date on flea and tick prevention is essential. Even with flea and tick prevention medications, it’s important to do regular inspections of your pets for ticks, especially of those that spend time outside.
- For people who live near a tick habitat such as a forested or wooded area or open land with lots of natural brush, constructing some type of physical barrier can help keep deer, stray dogs, raccoons and their ticks out of your property. The CDC recommends creating a 3-foot-wide barrier of wood chips or gravel between your lawn (yard) and the tick area.
- Eliminate rat-friendly spaces. Removal and exclusion of mice and rats in and around buildings is an important step in any tick control program. If rodents are taking up residence on your property, be sure to let your technician know as soon as possible or contact our office for an effective Rat Control Service. Their presence can and will impact tick control on your property.
- Protect yourself and your family from ticks. Don’t bring ticks home with you. When spending time in the great outdoors, whether hiking, biking or just out for a stroll, be aware of your surroundings. Stay away from areas that could harbor ticks and be sure to use tick repellent.
Corky’s Tick Control Service was created to eliminate an immediate tick infestation. Reinfestations can happen quickly, therefor a prevention service is important. Our Ultimate Pest Control Service, is a year-round treatment program for ants and spiders which also includes control measures for ticks.