HELP US HELP YOU SUCCESSFULLY CONTROL Fruit Flies
DO-IT-YOURSELF FLY CONTROL SERVICE
Helpful things you can do to prevent flies from entering your home.
Here are some do-it-yourself fly control recommendations:
Outside Fly Prevention
Effective fly control can be accomplished by maintaining cleanliness, avoiding over-watering and eliminating openings into the structure.
To control the flies, you should practice the following preventive measures.
- Keep your house clean and uncluttered.
- To clean your house, use soap and water and a good quality disinfectant.
- Garbage and trash bins are a fly’s favorite restaurant. Therefore, dispose of garbage on a regular basis and place bins and cans away from living spaces.
- Put a lid on it. Make sure trash cans and bins have tight fitting lids. Keep the flies out.
- Flies are attracted to freshly cut and also decaying, overripe fruits and vegetables. Make sure you store these items in proper containers.
- You can also use over the counter insect repellent sprays, sticky fly paper and insect zappers. Be sure to read the label and follow directions.
- If you have pets, make sure that their feces are cleaned up on a regular basis.
- Inside or out, do not overwater your plants as moist soil is a major attractant for flies. It’s a perfect medium for breeding.
- Use window and door screens and keep them in good repair. Along with keeping the flies out, it will also let you enjoy the fresh air.
Here are some often recommended solutions for controlling flies. Some will work better than others and some might not work at all but if you have the time, see what works for you. If you run out of time and energy, and still have flies, get results with Corky’s Fly Control Service.
1. Fly Swatter: A Fly swatter is a cheap method to keep flies at bay in your house. Fly swatters now come with an electronic machine these days that traps the flies and kills them automatically. It’s a hassle-free method of killing flies.
2. Essential Oils: Essential oils have proven their essential status when it comes to treating house flies. Essential oils, such as lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, and lemon grass, not only possess gentle aromas, but they also work effectively in keeping away the house flies. Spraying such oils in your living area, bedroom, or even kitchen will keep them free from flies.
3. Switch ‘ON’ the Fan: It is one of the hassle-free and easiest ways to get rid of flies as you really don’t have to do anything to keep flies away from your doorstep. Just switch on the fan direct the flow of air towards the window or doors and it will blow away all the flies and keep others from entering.
4. Apple and Clove: Stab a few cloves into an apple and put it somewhere in your kitchen area or in an area that is prone to flies. You can also use clove oil for cleaning purposes. Flies cannot bear the smell of cloves, and they will avoid the area.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: This is one way to get rid of flies. Put apple cider vinegar in a bowl. To create some surface tension and to make it hard for flies to escape, add some liquid detergent. Flies will be attracted to the solution but once in it they will never get out alive.
6. Homemade Fly Paper: You can make your own fly paper easily at home to trap stubborn flies. Make a syrup from sugar and corn starch and then brush it onto paper strips (brown paper bags work best since the paper is thick). Make a hole in the corner and hang it up anywhere, inside or outside the house to catch the flies.
7. Cayenne Pepper: Take some cayenne pepper and put it in a spray bottle. Add some water to it and shake well. Now, spray the mixture around your house.
8. Plastic Water Bags: Hang clear plastic water bags at interior entryways to prevent flies from flying into the house. Reflected light off the water bags seems to confuse the flies and they move elsewhere.
Schedule a Service Today!