Here are some do-it-yourself ant control recommendations:
Keeping ants under control is our specialty. We know you have better things to do with your time, so call us with your ant control needs. 1-800-901-1102 Corky's is here to help meet your ant control needs!
What works best to keep ants from entering your home? First, eliminate their water and food sources.
Ants often enter your home in search of water found in the sink traps of your kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room and garage. Ants also feed on food found inside your home. It could be anything from a little juice or soda spilled on the floor or tabletop to crumbs on your furniture.
To help control ants, keep surfaces in your home, clean and dry.
- Keep the plantings in your landscape healthy and free of insects. Give your plants a bath; it promotes good health and knocks plant-sucking insects to the ground where they will most likely die reducing a major food source for ants.
- Minimize ants' access to water. Fix leaky faucets and irrigation equipment. Practice water conservation and do not over-water.
- Do not leave pet food or pet watering bowls outside.
- Keep trash bins covered and away from the house. Clean your trash bins regularly.
- Pick up fallen fruit from under trees and rotting vegetables from gardens.
- When an ant nest is found, take care of it immediately. Pouring hot, boiling water into an ant nest will kill the colony.
Helpful things you can do to prevent ants from entering your home.