Bed Bug Control
$175.00 per room
(250 sqft or less)
Bed Bugs are a concern for people, especially those who travel and may be found in many places including upscale resorts and hotels! Occupant Participation is crucial for this treatment to be successful. Without proper preparation a reinfestation may occur.
Upon arrival, our technicians will customize a treatment plan. This treatment may include vacuuming for visible and accessible Bed Bugs and eggs, as well as the application of a state approved material for the control of Bed Bugs.
Place all items listed below in sealed plastic bags or containers and read washing instructions below, before starting preparation.
- Occupants and Animals must prepare to leave for 2-4 hours (until treatment is completely dry).
- Birds and Reptiles prepare to leave at least 6-10 hours.
- Remove all items from floors and items on top of dressers and desks.
- Remove all items in Dresser Drawers. (see washing instructions)
- Closets must be emptied. Clothes (clean or dirty) must be placed into sealed plastic bags in preparation for washing or dry cleaning.
- Shoes, handbags etc., must be shaken out and wiped clean then put into plastic bags for storage until ready to return to treated areas.
- Curtains must be removed from the areas of treatment.
Place them in plastic bags until they can be washed and dried. When fabrics are not washable have those dry cleaned or they may be placed in a dryer for 30 minutes on high.
- Bedding: Sheets, blankets, pillowcases, bedspreads, pillows, dust ruffles, mattress covers, etc. must be placed into sealed plastic bags in preparation for washing or some other form of cleaning. (see washing/cleaning instructions).
- Any cardboard storage boxes must be replaced with plastic sealable storage containers. (Storage containers must be removed from areas to be treated).
***Do not remove items from the infested room, without first sealing in plastic bags or containers.***
Before taking on this task, please read all fabric labels to determine the washabilty. We cannot assume resposibility for damage to items due to improper handling.
- Separate all items before removing them, into separated loads. (i.e washable, dry-able or dry cleaning)
- Place each separated load into sealed plastic bags.
- Keep washable items sealed in bags and empty directly into your washer. Once emptied, immediately dispose of in an outside trash container.
- Keep dry cleaning items in sealed bags until you deliver these items to your dry cleaner. Inform the cleaner of the pest problem.
- Non-washable items, curtains or area rugs, may be placed in the dryer on high heat for 30 minutes if tolerance to high heat is a charcteristic of the fabric type.
Bed Bug Life Cycle
Female bed bugs may lay 1-5 eggs per day until they produce about 200 eggs. The eggs may hatch in 6-10 days in warm weather or heated buildings. Nymphs emerge, and try to find a blood meal. When they do, they will go through five nymphal molt stages and become adults. This usually takes about 35-48 days. The adults may survive for long periods of time in empty houses, waiting for their favorite meal—man. If they are desperate, they may take a meal from birds or rodents. Well-fed adults may live up to a year and a half.
Guarantee for Service
Service guarantees are for 45 days (non-rental properties) and are dependent upon the completeness of preparation performed by the customer. Preparation is paramount in stopping infestations or re-infestations. Therefore, it is the technician’s responsibility to determine weather the preparation, performed by the customer, is sufficient to warrant the 45 day guarantee. If the preparation has been deemed inadequate, the service may still be performed but there will be no guarantees implied for that service.
There is a $25.00 fee, for services cancelled at the door or without a 48 hour notice to the office. This policy exists solely to offset the cost of alloting time to perform the service that cannot be recovered.