How Ants Find There Way Into Your Home
You may wonder why you have recurring problems with Ants inside your home:
Without the proper commodities of food or water, forager ants will find that commodity for the large number of hatching larvae.
- Water: Water is normally the commodity that brings them into your home. When Ants are in your landscape, your house will be the closest place they can find water and is usually found in your sinks.
- Food: Ants are actually liquid feeders and the food the adults eat is almost exclusively the secretions from aphids and other homopterous (plant sucking) insects that infest your landscape plants. Ants build new colonies close to a good food source where aphids or whitefly are infesting plantings. Now they are in your landscape and close to your house.
Stop the Ants
Residential Service Plan
Try the unique Ant & Spider service that makes Corky's Pest Control famous!
Look at the comprehensive service you'll receive by a licensed technician.
1. We sweep away the spider webs from the eaves, windows and door frames using a special web duster. We also perform this service on your property perimeter fence lines.
2. We spray the cracks and crevices of the hardscape edges and the foundation.
3. We spray window casings and door frames.
4. We inspect and treat plantings where there is evidence of ants and spiders.
5. We spray the property perimeter to help prevent foraging insects from entering your property.
6.We spray the eaves to control spiders and keep them from their hiding places.
We’re confident that once you experience the great results of our service, you’ll want to become a regular customer.
- We do not spray flowering plants when Bees are present and foraging or on hot summer days.
- We inspect every area of your property and use all necessary treatments to provide a perfect service.
- We only use Botanical or Low-Impact products on your property.
Everyone knows that ants and spiders come into your house from the landscape. Keeping these plant insects in check is the first step in ant and spider control. Plant inventories are maintained to ensure that our service is appropriate for your property. Controlling the insects outside of your home is the key to effectively controlling insects that invade your home.
Types of Ants
The most important identifying characteristic is the number of "Nodes" located on the Petiole between the Thorax and Abdomen. Click on each drawing for more information.
Single Node Ants - Non Stinging
Double Node Ants - Stinging
Characteristics of an Ant.