Termite Control Services
We offer a four year guarantee on all Termite related work.
(Unless otherwise specified.)
The NPMA (National Pest Management Association), estimates that Termites cause $5 Billion in property damage each year. Letting existing Termite infestations go untreated does not make good sense. Protect your investment and get your home inspected today.
The Drywood Termites appearance is similar to the Subterranean Termite, except that they have shorter legs and moves slowly, and it is more of a reddish brown color.
Infestations of Drywood Termites are just about as damaging as Subterranean Termites. Drywood Termites will excavate large pockets in the wood that they attack. They require no soil contact, and they can even infest dead limbs on trees.
Drywood Termites do not require an external source of moisture, the consumed wood provides all the moisture that is needed. They are usually noticed from the piles of fecal pellets that are ejected from kick-out holes. The pellets (frass or droppings) accumulate below these holes.
- Termite evidence is unseen behind the stucco and plaster.
- Wood damage or pellets show infestation evidence.
- Corky's radar technology will detect unseen termites.
A mated pair of winged adults will form a new colony once they drop the wings and enter a structure through cracks or crevices in March through June of each year.
The wings are longer than the body, a sure sign that they are not ants. They look for bare wood and then create a chamber, where they then mate and raise their brood. Eggs hatch in about 2 ½ months and become nymphs, false workers, or soldiers. Nymphs can quickly take care of themselves, and will also tend to the queen and king. The false workers will obtain food and tend the nest, while the soldiers, which have larger heads, defend the nest from invaders. There is no true worker caste. A queen can live for 15 years, during which the colony may grow to thousands of nymphs. A single structure can also be host to multiple colonies.
With Corky's Termite Radar, we can now detect all infestations inside your walls. You no longer have to tent to exterminate termites.
We Guarantee It!
As their name implies, Subterranean termites live underground.These are the termites that probably cause the most overall damage to structures.
Workers and soldiers are about 1/4th inch in size, while the reproductive males and females are about 3/8ths inch. Soldiers have a larger head with long mandibles. The reproductives are dark brown, while the workers are a colorless gray.
Workers will eat any damp wood, and even damp carpets, to feed the other members of the colony. Even the nymphs will chew on wood. They have a high humidity requirement, and form tubes extending from the ground to travel in search of wood. The tubes are formed from saliva, soil, and bits of chewed wood. Tubes may also be used as shelter, migratory paths, and an exit for swarmers.
Extreme damage usually takes years to develop, and the interior of wood is eaten leaving behind the outer shell, and any harder wood portions the termites didn’t want to finish.
Eggs take about 50 days to hatch. After the first year, several fertile females assist the queen in laying eggs, so a colony can grow quite rapidly. Growth progresses through up to seven instars, which takes about two years. The entrie egg to adult process can be 3-4 years in length.
Adults will swarm anytime from January through April. The males and females pair off, drop their wings, and burrow into the ground in search of wood and a place to start a new colony.
- A full house fumigation is designed to treat 100% of the termite colonies in your home. A tarpaulin (tent) is placed over your home and sealed off. All attached structures must be tented, also. Fumigant is released inside for a certain amount of time, killing off all of the termites—both accessible and inaccessible.
Fumigation will reach all the areas that other approved methods may not be able to reach.
- We will give you a checklist to prepare your home for the fumigation. People, pets, and plants must obviously be removed. Some foods and medicines will need to be double bagged in special bags, if notremoved. Some trimming of plants and trees near the house may be required. We arrange with the Gas Company to shut off your service and then restore it after the fumigation. A key must be provided for our personnel. Our technicians will help you figure out what preparation needs to be completed in your situation.
- Call Corky’s at 1-800-325-7805 for your inspection! And if you have termites, Corky’s has the lowest price for termite treatments. We can’t be beat!
- Spot Treatments are designed to treat local infestations of termite colonies in your home. Small holes are drilled in which the chemical treatment is injected.
- Finding the drywood termite galleries to inject is an art and takes experience.
- Corky's believes the newly released "Termidor Dry" by BASF is by far the best Drywood Termite spot treatment product eve to come to market. Totally undetectable, sealed inside the wood, where there is no risk of human exposure, only a caution label and 100% effective.
Corky's Heat Treatment uses heated air to kill unwanted pests such as Drywood Termites. There are no chemicals or gases used during this process. Drywood Termites are killed when temperatures reach at least 120 degrees and are held for at least 1/2 hour. We raise the temperature of the treatment area to between 140 and 160 degrees and maintain that temperature for 6-8 hours to ensure total eradication of the infestation. With the exception of Fumigation, no other Drywood Termite treatment is as effective as Corky's Heat Treatment.
The entire heat process typically takes less than a day to complete, therefore occupants are not required to move out of the structure. Weather conditions may influence the length of time to complete the treatment.
Although the main consideration is the eradication of an infestation, there are some added benefits to using heat on the structure. They include:
- No harmful residues
- The cleansing effect of high heat
- Reduces odors
- Reduces allergens and Athsma triggers
Corky's Heat Treatment is beneficial in treating condominiums, apartments and commercial properties.
Corky's Termite Preventative Program covers both Drywood and Subterranean Termites. Whether you are in a Mobile Home or a Residential Neighborhood, we will protect your most vauable investment - your home.
This program carries our full guarantee for both Drywood and Subterranean Termite infestations.
Here is how to get started:
- We will perform a full Photo Termite Inspection to determine proper conditions are conducive to starting the preventative program.
- With a frequency of four (4) times per year, state approved treatments for the prevention of termite infestations, will be applied to the structure.
- Treatment areas include the window casings, door frames, eaves, fascia, cracks and crevices and any other areas specified during the initial inspection. These treatments will be performed alone or in conjunction with a regularly scheduled pest control service.
- With a frequency of every two (2) years, a full photo termite inspection will be performed to monitor conditions on your property.
*** Treatments for existing infestations must be remedied before the program begins. Conditions conducive to infestation must also be remedied before starting the program.
*** Repairs recommended by your inspector may be perfomed by your preferred contractor or you may choose to have Corky's Pest Control perform the repairs at our special customer rates.
Eliminate Termites Without "Tenting"
We take pride in providing you an additional method when considering inspection and treatment for termites in your home or business.
With Corky's Termite Radar, we can now detect all infestations inside your walls. You no longer have to tent to eliminate termites.
We Guarantee It!
Advanced Radar Detection
Using the latest in Termite Detection Technology, hidden colonies can now be detected and eliminated without interrupting your daily routine.
Viewing your structure with the naked eye sometimes results in seeing only this.
Using Corky's Radar, the colony that produced this damage will not go undetected.
Pest Control Insulation
(Borates and Cellulose)
Protects against Termites, Ants, Earwigs, Crickets, Silverfish, Book Lice, Beetles, etc.,
- Adds a 4" cap to your existing insulation.
- After installation, Tax Credits may be available.
- Saves Energy.
- Keeps you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Fire Retardant.
- Mold inhibiting.
- Reduces noises from external sources.
TAP insulation is only available from licensed pest control professionals.
We Advertise the Lowest Prices in Town, because:
We are a full service “Pest Control” company with our own fleet of Pest Control, Heat and Repair crew vehicles.
Many of our inspectors can perform spot treatments or small repairs while on the premises.
California regulations require a termite inspection before any termite related work can be performed.